1 - Root of Good
Root of Good is a narrative of my journey through the rest of my life after retiring at age 33. At.. Root of Good, you'll learn more about early retirement, financial independence, personal.. finance, money tips, travel, and general lifestyle topics.
Latest Blog Posts
- November 2016 Financial Update
- Trip Report: Toronto, Mammoth Cave, and Niagara Falls Road Trip
- July 2016 Financial Update
- June 2016 Financial Update
- A Night at the Focus Groupon Jun 20, 2016 in Awesome!When I received a call one evening promising $75 in exchange for participating in a two hour focus group, I figured "easy money". It turns out it's not only easy money but a fun time if you're into observing humans and watching the industrial market...
- May 2016 Financial Update
- One Thousand Days of Early Retirement
- April 2016 Financial Update
- The Great American Canadian Road Trip – Summer 2016 Edition
- March 2016 Financial Update
- How To Score a $50 Car Payment For Life
- The Many Faces of the Four Percent Rule
- February 2016 Financial Update
- Pitfalls and Subsidies While Signing Up for Affordable Care Act Coverageon Feb 22, 2016 in Personal FinanceWhile we were planning for early retirement, health insurance was the scariest unknown variable in the plan. This was in the dark ages before the Affordable Care Act's premium subsidies and guaranteed coverage. Back then, I budgeted $1,000 per mont...
- Mrs. Root of Good Jumps Into Early Retirement!
- January 2016 Financial Updateon Feb 8, 2016 in Personal FinanceOne month down, eleven to go. With the new year came a significant drop in the markets that left our portfolio a little lighter than it was during most of 2015. We suffered a $64,000 net worth decline during the month of January. Our income rema...
- Book Review and Interview – Job Free: Four Ways to Quit the Rat Race
- Budgeting in Retirement – 2016 Edition
- Living on Dividends in Early Retirement
- The Deception of a Billion Dollar Jackpot