The Business Models & Strategy blog is an online resource center for entrepreneurs, small business owners, business and marketing professionals.
Listed in: Business
Latest Blog Posts for Business Models & Strategy
- BusinessDay - Weaker rand shifts outlook for inflation, rateson Sep 16, 2011BusinessDay - Weaker rand shifts outlook for inflation, rates...
- How to Avoid the Four Threats of CRMon Sep 2, 2011 in CRMCompanies spend enormous amount of money into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) but according to my experience most initiatives fail to deliver. Below are the reasons why is happening and some tips to raise the odds for success. The promis...
- How to apply a Cost Leadership Strategy within a Company’s Value Chainon Aug 3, 2011 in competitive strategyFollowing my previous post regarding “How to apply a Differentiation Strategy within a Company’s Value Chain”, I will now discuss the Cost Leadership Strategy. Campbell et al. (2002) purport that value chain analysis is central to identify...
- How to apply a Differentiation Strategy within a Company’s Value Chainon Jul 23, 2011 in competitive strategyAs it was introduced in previous posts, the purpose of a competitive strategy is to generate superior profits compared to its rivals. Companies require viable number of buyers end up preferring a company’s product offering because of the supe...
- Brief Summary of Competitive Strategy Frameworks which you can use to create and develop your competitive strategyon Jul 20, 2011 in competitive strategyBelow is a summary of various competitive strategy frameworks that you can employ to create and develop your business’s competitive strategy.Hayes & Schmenner (1978)Hayes & Schmenner (1978) identify five different dimensions that can assist...
- Brief Guide: Methods for Developing your Competitive Advantage
- Principles of a Marketing Audit: Increase your Business’s Effectiveness & Evaluate your Marketing Strategy
- Porter’s Differentiation Strategy & Ways of Achieving it
- Use of Porter’s (1985) Value Chain Framework
- Models to Analyze your Product Portfolio 2