Unique Visitors Today:
Page Views Today:
Unique Visitors this Week:
Page Views this Week:
Unique Visitors this Month:
Page Views this Month:
Total Unique Visitors:
Total Page Views:
Total Hits Out:
Latest Blog Posts for Reality Refracted
- Looking Back To See The Big Pictureon Dec 21, 2016 in GMWhen reflecting on this Sunday's Star Wars game, the one where I ran the largest battle I think I've ever run as a GM, I was a little sad but what felt like anti-climactic battles for two of the recurring villains in the series. Both villains died at...
- I Ran The Largest Battle Scene I've Ever Run in 60 Minuteson Dec 19, 2016 in GMOn Sunday, just a couple hours ago at time of this writing, I ran one of the largest battle scenes, if not the largest battle scene, I've ever ran and had it done inside of 60 minutes Today I want to talk about how that happened, and what I did to he...
- DIscussion - How Do You Start The Party?on Dec 16, 2016 in DiscussionGetting the party together is one of the first hurdles a lot of games face. It's such a common hurdle that some games build in devices to avoid it entirely. When the system doesn't, some GMs will have PCs start already having formed a group. It's jus...
- 2 Primary, 4 Secondaryon Dec 14, 2016 in GMKeeping the lens of focus shifting in more open games can be hard. Lately I've found myself doing this method, and so far it's working out pretty well. The idea is simple enough that I think it's good, but it also helps keep the spotlight moving from...
- How My 7th Sea Game Diedon Dec 12, 2016 in GMOn Friday my 7th Sea game came to a pre-mature end. It didn't die from a TPK. It didn't die from lack of player interest. It died because somehow over the last couple months I completely lost the thread of the game and what was going on. I lost track...
- Don't Plan A Solution To Obstacles And Problemson Dec 9, 2016 in GMWhen I'm setting obstacles in front of my players in game I don't always plan how they're going to overcome them. I figure out how the obstacle, or problem, is going to be introduced. I figure out what it does and how it can interact and - well, obst...
- Roleplaying Outside The Information Age
- Discussion: What World Do You Want To Play In?on Dec 5, 2016 in DiscussionDoing things a bit backwards this week and starting with the discussion. What world do you want to play in but so far haven't? It can be from a book, a movie, a cartoon, whatever you want.For me, I think it's probably Star Trek. I'd love to see how a...
- Discussion: Hero or Villain?on Dec 2, 2016 in DiscussionOn Monday we talked about what it took to play a Hero. On Wednesday we talked about what it took to play a Villain. Today I have a simple question for you: Do you prefer playing Heroes or Villains?There are a lot of good things that come out of playi...
- [7th Sea] Lessons from GMing My First Session