My blog is about my methods of sustainable woodland management. I use principles of continuous cover forestry to preserve and enhance the landscape and wildlife whilst also trying to earn a living from from it.
Listed in: Environment
Latest Blog Posts for My French Forest
- Gros Chene de Sully a Sazeirat.
- The fight to save the endangered old growth forests on Canada's Pacific Coast
- Woodland Tree Guide 2 Norway Spruceon Jan 5, 2011Norway Spruce Picea abiesThe natural distribution of Norway SpruceI have chosen this tree, as it is yet another favourite of mine - I expect that I shall be writing this on almost every tree profile that I write! I think that it looks especially...
- How to make a Firewood Cutting Frame
- Woodland Tree Guide 1 BEECH
- My Favourite Treeon Dec 2, 2010Here is a short piece before my next in depth post comes out in a few days. A short while ago I joined the Small Woodland Owners Group (SWOG). They produce a monthly newsletter which includes a feature called My Favourite Tree. As I have many favouri...
- Sweet Chestnut Coppice
- Considerations when planting a new woodland
- The Ginkgo Trees of St Sulpice Lauriere (87)Franceon Oct 20, 2010 in ic...
- How to build a log skidding arch