This blog focuses on Michigan Criminal Law. The blogger (Detroit Attorney Stuart G. Friedman) has been blogging about Michigan Criminal Law since 1997 (before blogs were called blogs).
Listed in: Law
Latest Blog Posts for Michigan Criminal Appeal Blog
- Court of Appeals Invalidates Patient-to-Patient Sales Under Medical Marijuana Acton Aug 24, 2011 in Medical MarijuanaNarrowly construing Michigan’s Medical Marijuana Act, the Court of Appeals just ruled that patient-to-patient transfers are not permitted. Isabella County Prosecutor v McQueen, Court of Appeals No. 108238. While I disagree with the ruling,...
- California Legislature Requires Warrant for Cell Phone Searches
- Sex Offenders: The Last Pariah'son Aug 23, 2011 in Sex Offender RegistryThe blog Congress, Courts, and Sex Offenders has an interesting editorial making the case that society’s current obsession with sex offenders is misplaced and that they have become the last pariahs. The series of ill thought out laws have actu...
- West Memphis Three to Be Freed, But State May Avoid Liability.on Aug 19, 2011 in NoneCNN is reporting that a deal has been struck to release the “West Memphis Three.” In 1993, these three men (Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelley, Jr., and Jason Baldwin) were convicted of murdering three boys from West Mephis Arkansas. The...
- Hats Off to the NLG: Jailhouse Lawyers Manual 5.0
- Attorneys Go After Judge Small's Local Sentencing Policyon Aug 14, 2011 in OUILJudge Kimberly Small of Bloomfield Twp makes no secret that she imposes jail sentences for first time drunk drivers. She has imposed them to otherwise law abiding individuals with a single transgression. I have seen these sentences imposed on accou...
- Support Animals for Crime Victims?
- Virginia Bar Says that Prosecutor Cannot Demand Waiver of IAC or Post-Conviction Challenges as a Condition of a Plea Agreement
- California Considering a Ban on Jailhouse Informant Testimony
- Mich. Sup. Ct. Weakens Castle Doctrine