Unique Visitors Today:
Page Views Today:
Unique Visitors this Week:
Page Views this Week:
Unique Visitors this Month:
Page Views this Month:
Total Unique Visitors:
Total Page Views:
Total Hits Out:
Latest Blog Posts for Tune a Piano Yourself Blog
- Tuning Apps Reach a Veteran Tuneron Apr 26, 2015I came across this story about, Dennis Gibbons, a 40-year veteran piano tuner at the Chicago Tribune. It is a nice story which you can read for yourself. But one thing that struck me is that he's using a tuning app on his smart phone to do his work!
- Software Tuners for Piano Tuningon Jan 5, 2013I prefer a physical, hardware tuner for its simplicity. However, there are many software options for laptops and handhelds should you prefer them, from the simple to fully-featured tuning software for professional tuners. Software piano tuning...
- New Piano Tuning Infographicon Dec 29, 2012We have introduced a new visual aid to our main page, our piano tuning tutorial. We have summarized the basic steps of piano tuning into a helpful infographic. It is only a summary, an overview, a mere outline...frankly, the infographic is woefully...
- Solo Piano, NYCon Dec 13, 2012This a powerful little piece for those who love pianos. It documents the final days of a piano abandoned on a New York City sidewalk. Just watch.
- Additional Piano Tuning Toolson Dec 10, 2012The lever, an electronic tuner, and a few mutes are all you need to begin tuning. However, several additional mutes are available to make the job easier. Temperament strip in position. Temperament Strip The t...
- Piano Disposalon Aug 17, 2012Do not read this post if you are a piano fan with a weak stomach. Sadly, a problem for our modern age is how dispose of an old piano. The piano is not the must-have living room item for the middle class that it once was. The size and weight make the...
- Praise of the Pinaforeon Jul 7, 2012It's time the piano I tune in the tutorial gets a little spotlight of its own. It has served me well as an instrument of learning as well as music. My piano is made by Gulbransen. Gulbransen is a long-standing piano and organ manufacturer with over a...
- Update: Self-tuning Pianoon Jul 5, 2012Don Gilmore's self-tuning piano, which we blogged about here, is featured at Popular Science.
- Banana Pianaon Jun 10, 2012Hey, it's a piano made of bananas! Actually it's a keyboard made of bananas, attached to a synthesizer of some sort, as you can see in the video. The excitement here isn't the music being made. The key to the excitement is in the bananas themselves.
- Anatomy of a Tuning Pinon Jun 2, 2012What is so special about a tuning lever? The tuning lever is the central tool of the piano tuning profession. Its primary virtue is that it properly fits the tuning pins. It is the tuning pin that that's the prima donna of this show. Let's have a lo...