Unique Visitors Today:
Page Views Today:
Unique Visitors this Week:
Page Views this Week:
Unique Visitors this Month:
Page Views this Month:
Total Unique Visitors:
Total Page Views:
Total Hits Out:
Latest Blog Posts for We Call Upon The Author To Explain
- American Philosophical Associationon Nov 12, 2009 in philosophyAfter several years of ambivalance, I decided this year to not renew my dues to the APA. I'm not on the job market, I don't plan to go any APA meetings, and it provides no other useful services for me. As a department chair, I could do with plenty...
- Neuroethics at ASBHon Oct 9, 2009 in neuroethicsHere's the program for Neuroethics at the ASBH meeting this year.Neuroethics Affinity Group Agenda for October 16:11:45 AM Welcome and Introductions11:50 AM Announcements NIH update - ChenBrain Matters - Krahn Penn Update - Pow...
- “Madness and Literature” 1ST INTERNATIONAL HEALTH HUMANITIES CONFERENCE 2010on Oct 3, 2009CFP: Madness & Literature1ST INTERNATIONAL HEALTH HUMANITIES CONFERENCE 2010“Madness and Literature”The Institute of Mental Health is hosting The 1st International Health Humanities Conference at The University of Nottingham, UK from Friday 6...
- Kant on mental disorder
- Review of Scanlon's Moral Dimensions: Permissibility, Meaning, Blame
- Recent popular media
- Ethics and Values in Contemporary Psychiatryon Jun 15, 2009 in psychiatric ethicsThis one passed me by, but I just stumbled on it.Ethics and Values in Contemporary PsychiatryHarvard Review of Psychiatry, Volume 16 Issue 6 2008http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=g906687978Interesting ToC: in particular, I noted:T...
- APA NEWSLETTER ON PHILOSOPHY AND MEDICINE
- Recent publications
- New Arton Apr 30, 2009 in fine artA relatively rare non-philosophy post.I wandered around some Chelsea galleries yesterday, as I regularly do, before going to Pat Kitcher's talk on Kant on theoretical and practical reasoning at CUNY (which didn't inspire me to go and read more Kant).